Medical Advisor Dermatology
- Develop and maintain in depth disease area and brand knowledge through attendance / participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/Area literature.
- Provide expert medical/scientific advice, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information; contribute to the development and medical and scientific accuracy of core dossiers generated by the medical department
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key thought leaders / external experts and academic centers; this will involve in-field customer interactions and participating in scientific congresses, coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora etc.
- Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where appropriate.
- Screen relevant literature and other information from relevant scientific societies meetings and conferences and (e.g. key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.) and give input into strategy
- Deliver training to in field teams and functions in other departments; develop and update relevant training materials
- Review of promotional material made by the brand manager. Ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with internal policies and guidelines.
- As core member of the brand team, provide medical/scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence (e.g. product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
- Medical Degree or a master degree in a scientific discipline or higher, with experience in a similar role in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Fluently in English, Flemish and French
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation
- Strategic thinker